Among all the body parts I have to deal with, I am most careful with epilating on my legs. Of course, this is because I am very fond of wearing skirts and dresses, and the least of blemishes on my legs would surely hinder me from wearing such clothes frequently! So today, I will be helping you with this guide on how to properly epilate legs, followed by a list of epilators that I would recommend to anyone looking to get rid of unwanted hairs on their legs. Let us start with this list right away! Lets find the Best epilator for legs!
Step by step guide to epilating legs
- Exfoliate. Many a woman takes this step for granted, and they are ungraciously unrewarded with chicken skin, redness, and bumps post-epilation. Take the time to exfoliate so that you may be rid of dead cells and be saved of more post-epilation troubles.
- Do your epilation either inside the shower or right after the shower since this ensures that the skin is softer and so the hairs can be uprooted easier. For this, you would have to invest in an epilator that works perfectly even when submerged in warm water.
- Hold your skin taut and work slowly. This is how you make sure that you can get rid of as much unwanted hair in the minimum time possible. Make sure that you are totally satisfied with the area you are currently working on before you move on to the next!
- It always helps me recover when I do my epilation before I go to sleep and after taking a warm shower. This is because epilation could be really painful and we all need a little time to recover after every session. Never do your epilation when you have your period, girls! That would hurt incredibly much.
- Never forget to moisturize as soon as you’re done epilating. This helps with the redness, plus this regains the moisture on your skin that may be gone while the epilation is ongoing.
- Just a little treatment on possible discoloration and you can flaunt your flawless legs all you want!
Recommended Epilators for Legs
The Braun SE7681 is the first one I will recommend because it works wonderfully for wet epilation! It works just as fine outside the shower, but I suggest that if you are epilating on your legs, then bring it to the shower since the water reduces the risk of you hurting yourself and breaking the surface of the skin while epilating. I like this Braun epilator because I believe that 40 tweezers working simultaneously is neither too many nor too few, but just enough to give a gentle yet really efficient epilation.
The Braun SE7681’s curved epilator head is also something I love because it tightly hugs the curves and contours of my skin and I could actually feel the closest shave with the Braun SE7681. I love how I can operate it cordless and I can even choose between two speed settings! It has to be one of the best epilators for legs.
I honestly did not appreciate the earlier version of the Emjoi Epi Slim because it was not very efficient, plus it hurt a lot! This version, however, is simply the best. You can actually feel that it is made up of a very powerful motor because it delivers very efficient epilation sans the unnecessary pain! There are only 9 tweezers in this epilator, so it might be good for leg touch ups but not really recommended when you have full grown leg hair.
This is the one I pack with me when I have to go out of town because it is compact and easy to bring about anywhere, and I use it when my leg hair starts to grow back up after I have epilated it with a stronger epilator.
This is my luxurious but light epilator that features nothing less than 36 tweezer discs plated with 24 karat gold! The Emjoi Light Caress is so much more than an amazing appearance, though, because it has these attachments that make epilation such an easy job even for first timers. One such attachment is the bright light that illuminates the body part you are working on so that you need not have a hard time locating the unwanted hairs that you are trying to get rid of. I love how I also have the option to use it corded and cordless! How flexible!
The Philips HP6576 features all hypoallergenic and textured ceramic discs which is personally the best thing about this epilator for me, because I am assured of a safe epilation session even though I’ve always had sensitive skin that flares up at the slightest provocation. Luckily, this one has a removable epilation head, and also a fully washable one, allowing the epilator to receive optimal cleaning to ensure that it is in top shape and hygiene at all times! As much as we keep our skins clean, we must do the same for the things that we use for it. It so makes our list of the best epilators for legs.
The Remington EP6010 may come in last in this list of recommended epilators, but in no way is it last in my heart and preference. I will forever be thankful to its curved epilation head that spared me a lot of nicks and cuts as I epilated across the years. The EP6010 hugs the corners of the body, and so it is very easy to maneuver around. I just love it.
One thing, though, I think it could be improved by heaps if there ever comes out a version of this one that can be operated cordless. See, corded gadgets are not really for travelers like me. I still love the cleaning brush and protective cap, though. And of course, the choice between two speed settings! This is one of my standards as to an efficient epilator, see.