Those who have used epilators claim that it is definitely a better option than biweekly waxing or daily shaves. But there is one question that pesters all the first-timers. Does it hurt as bad as waxing? No matter how much effective an epilator is, many customers are hesitant in using an epilator as they feel that they are not capable of bearing even an iota of pain. Let us proceed with a step-by-step process of how epilation should be done.
Steps to use epilators
- Firstly, you need to buy a good epilator that is well revered in the market, based on feedback from people who have used it before. To some extent, we can state that the cost of an epilator is in direct correlation to the pain that you will have to bear while using it.
- You need to shave your legs at least two days before using the epilator. It has been noticed that epilators are much more effective towards hairs of shorter lengths. Long hair would increase the chance of a few hair strands getting stuck in the epilator whereas extremely short hair will barely leave any chance for the heads to grab hairs.
- You can take a painkiller one hour before using the epilator since the capability of handling pain is somewhat less in case of many users. Also, make sure your legs are exfoliated in the shower before you start using the epilator.
- Start with lower setting, so that you can get an idea of how it feels to epilate. Once you become familiar, you can set the epilator to high mode. It is always advised to begin at the lower portion of legs towards the inside part, since it is considered to be one of the least sensitive parts of our legs.
- You should make sure that the epilator is held closer to your skin, but refrain from pressing hard as that might damage your skin.
This is one of the highly recommended epilators that is available in the market. Owing to its smooth functioning, and 40 close-grip tweezers that have been fitted for removal of hairs that are extremely short ranging in a few millimeters, this model is certainly the best choice for most first-timers. Once you use this product, your skin will retain its charm for up to four weeks. Also, Braun has generously attached five different attachments with the epilator including a trimmer cap, a sensitive area cap and a facial cap along with a head shaver and an efficiency cap. You do not have to use this epilator with the cord as it is capable of functioning without it. Read our full review here.
If you want extra soothing experience during showers, you can use this epilator. It comes with close-grip technology that is capable of plucking hair as small as 0.5 mm, which is equivalent to a grain of sand. Braun Spa Epilator also comes with a massage system that operates on high frequency and it makes the skin perfect for epilation procedure. With a pivoting head, this epilator will easily adapt to your skin type and contours. Also attached is a smart-light which is used to detect the finest of hairs that might not be visible to naked eye at one glance. It can be used with or without cord depending on the amount of charge that is left in the device. Read our full review here.Remington smooth and silky epilator can be used in two speed variants. These can be used for different sizes of hairs and especially the ones that are flat, hence harder to remove. For coarse hair, this epilator is the best solution available in the market. The head of the epilator is curved in order to impart a better degree of comfort to the skin. One of the downsides of this model is that it cannot be used without cord. Thus, you have to keep the power cord connected to the epilator in order to keep using it for prolonged period of time. This model also comes with a protective cap and a cleaning brush, both of which carry a two-year manufacturers’ warranty. Read our full review here.
Philips hp6401 Satinelle EpilatorPhilips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator, White/Gray (Pack of 2 (White/Gray))
This epilator is for those who are looking for a cheap solution to unwanted hairs. Philips Satinelle Epilator removes hair from the root and is perfect for sensitive areas of the body. This epilator also comes with an efficiency cap which ensures smooth epilation over the skin. The efficiency cap is specifically for sensitive areas where the skin is relatively softer and needs much more precautions than other areas of the body. For optimum performance, two different speed settings have been embedded in the epilator. Also, it comes with an ergonomic grip that makes handling comfortable. The head of the epilator can be washed innumerable times for better hygiene. Read our full review here.
Braun se5280 Silk Epil 5Braun SE 5280 Silk Epil 5 Epilator With Ice Glove, Pink
When it comes to charging epilators, you will have to be cautious as the cord has to fit into the socket with a click. You might have to apply a little more pressure during the first time. This epilator comes with massage rollers that operate on high frequency and there is a smooth cooling glove that has also been generously provided in order to smoothen the skin after epilation. It also comes with a speed regulator so that you can change the speed according to your convenience. There are three attachments i.e. trimmer cap, shaver head and efficiency cap that come as attachments with this epilator model. Read our full review here.