If there is one thing that all women in the entirety of this world would have in common, it would be the presence of unwanted hair in one part or another of their bodies. Now, if the market for hair removal is that high, we have to know which method is the best since as women, each and every one of us deserves the best. That is what this post is all about. We will compare the top two hair removal methods – epilation and waxing, and we will try to conclude which is better for all women. Epilator vs Waxing let’s get ready to rumble…
Advantages of epilation
- Epilation is definitely less painful than full-on waxing since epilators work at one body point at a time instead of large amount of skin all at once.
- Epilators are less expensive than all the products you need to acquire before you can wax. If you are really careful about your possessions, one epilator may even be enough for the duration of your lifetime.
- Epilation causes hair to become less coarse as it grows back.
- Epilators are very easy to operate; they are not messy at all, and some even have features to leave the skin smooth and silky.
Disadvantages of epilation
- Epilators can be very painful especially for the first few procedures, but still less painful than waxing.
- Epilation may result to ingrown hairs that may be painful as they grow.
- You cannot operate an epilator without batteries or a power source (for corded epilators).
- For the first few procedures, hair grows back kind of quickly. The longest its effect can last would be four full weeks, which is actually not that bad but really fast when you try to compare it to the longer lasting effects of waxing. That is why we recommend our best at home wax article as well.
Epilator vs Waxing: Let’s look at some Epilators
The first time I laid my eyes on this epilator, the first word out of my mouth was, “Whoa!” I was very impressed and a bit struck that the blades on the Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator are plated with 24 karat gold. Can it get any more precious? Well, definitely yes. The epilator includes antimicrobial protection which is really a nice inclusion considering that epilators are usually working on sensitive areas of skin and body. Its gold-plated tweezers are 36 in number and are close-grip in a sense that they work deeply on the skin, making the Emjoi Soft Caress able to get hair from the root.
However, the best feature of this gadget that I like the best is that it works very well both on battery and direct power source. For a woman like me who prefers corded epilators but is always on the road, this one is perfect. For when I have direct power source, I can epilate comfortably and in the way I prefer it. On the other hand, I may not always have a power source on my travels, so the fact that it can work anyway is very good for me and perhaps for you, too. We also featured it on our top 5 Emjoi epilator reviews guide! And so features on our Epilator vs Waxing article.
The Remington Products EP7030 epilator can be considered as a luxury epilator primarily because it can work perfectly both for wet and dry epilation. This practically means that you can do your epilation while in the shower (which I find very comforting) but you can also choose to do it outside the shower. This is because the gadget is cordless, meaning you can fully immerse it in water without damaging it or any of its internal wirings. Epilation is naturally painful but with the Remington epilator, you would feel like it is a slight reduction in pain levels as compared to other epilators of its kind.
I like how the head of this epilator is angled since it is not always the case that we are working on levelled parts of our skin surface. When working on corners and nooks, the angled head helps in optimal tweezing so that it will never result to some hairs being simply cut halfway instead of uprooted deeply. The head is not only angled, but it is also flexible, allowing the tweezers to hug the contours of the body so as to avoid nicks and cuts on these problematic areas.
An epilator that you can operate both corded and otherwise is not very common and actually a luxury gadget, but you’d be delighted to find that this Epilady epilator is exactly that at a reasonable price. Also, the fact that this gadget operates both corded and otherwise is not the best feature the epilator has. It also has a dual adaptor, which means you can make the Epilady EP-810-33A work with both 110 and 240 V power source. This is actually my favorite feature since I travel a lot, and power source is a usual problem for my gadgets. Thankfully, that is not true for this epilator.
There is no lie that this little machine can get rid of even the smallest and finest hairs on our skin surface. It is also a epilator that is friendly to those who are beginners in the epilation scene. This is due to the fact that users have two speed options to choose from. Beginners can opt to take it slow at first until they get the hang (and get used to the pain) of epilation, at which point it would be safe to move up to the faster speed setting.
I have no doubts that this one right here is among the top epilators and that is why I am very sad that this is available only with a cord. I really prefer cordless epilators because I travel a lot and sometimes I do not have a direct power source. Batteries are much easier to secure, so corded gadgets are really not for me. Also, I like to do my epilation while in the shower, so corded epilators are really not for me since they are not immiscible to water. However, if you are willing to look beyond these limitations, you would really see that this satinelle epilator is one of the best.
Its grip is one that is most rare and very convenient. The handle is nice and it allows you to maneuver the Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator effortlessly by having a design that embraces fully the surface of skin while getting rid of unwanted hair from the root. There are two speed options on this gadget, so it is rather safe and friendly for those who have not yet tried using an epilator before since it is very easy to operate and get the hang of, it also featured on our list of the best epilators of 2015.
Smartlight technology is what sets this silk epilator unique to other epilators out there. The little powerful light helps you never miss a strand of unwanted hair ever again and assures that you can get even the shortest and finest of hairs. As awesome as that feature is, you’d be delighted to know that that is still not the best thing about this epilator. There is one specific consideration that made me jump out of the house to go purchase this epilator almost as soon as I read about its amazing feature. You have to watch out for this, we loved it so much we mentioned it on our list of the top 5 Braun epilator reviews.
See, epilation is ethereally painful. And not all epilator brands have the logic to try and design a epilator that manages to ease the pain given by uprooting hair from the surfaces of our skin. Luckily, Braun is one of the very few who saw this feature as something that the women really need since we deserve to feel good while also looking good, right? If you agree, then you have to get the braun series 3-3170 silk epil epilator, since not only does it dole out almost zero pain levels, but it also massages the skin so that you feel relaxed after you have epilated. We had to feature it on our Epilator vs Waxing article, this epilator can not be missed!
Advantages of Waxing
- Waxing lasts longer than epilation. You can get up to eight consecutive weeks of flawless skin when you have just waxed.
- Batteries or direct power sources are not necessary to be able to wax. This is a traditional feature that pays off when you lose access to power.
- There are very little negative effects on the skin for waxing as compared to epilation. As long as you are careful enough to purchase products that are hypoallergenic and nickel-free, you will be safe.
- Easier to learn and get the hang of as compared to epilation, its get for when you are doing your own Brazilian waxing at home.
Dis-advantages of waxing
- Waxing is very painful especially if you are working on a sensitive area of the body.
- Waxing results to thicker hair when it starts to regrow.
- Very expensive especially if your goal is to purchase all products necessary for pre-waxing and post-waxing.
- Waxing creates a pretty solid mess on the area where you are working on since you have to deal with hot liquid and there is a tendency for this sticky wax fluid to stick to about anything that it can possible touch.
- Timing is gold. You cannot overheat this!