Today, many women prefer hair styles with luscious waves and curls, so here are some tips for how to use hair rollers to achieve the look of your dreams. While using curling irons can do it, you might agree that it takes so long to do your hair. In contrast, hair rollers are easy to use and once you set them up you can go about getting ready and making up your face while your hair sets itself.
Hot hair rollers will give you those curls and waves you desire. Curling irons can easily take 10 or 15 minutes (or even longer!), and they can be exhausting on your arms after a while. Hot hair rollers are quite the opposite, promising more convenience and ease of use. We know you are excited to try using hair rollers yourself, so here are some tips on how to use hair rollers, followed by 5 great recommended hair roller sets to consider.
TIPS on How to Use Hair Rollers
With hot hair rollers and a little practice, you’ll have those lovely curls in no time. If you are new to using hair rollers, you may be searching the internet and clicking links looking for some tips on how to use them. We’ve got you covered, so read along!
- Typically you want to dry your hair before using the hot hair rollers.
- Try using a curl cream or styling mousse on your hair for a smooth and soft texture.
- Divide your hair into different sections and clip each section up. This will help you set all the curls perfectly as you work your way around.
- For fuller and defined curls, hold the rollers more horizontally. If soft, bouncy and loose waves is what you want, hold the rollers vertically.
- Let the rollers cool off. While waiting for your curls to set, spray on some hairspray on the locks to ensure you get those perfect curls. Or do your face makeup while you wait, that’s called multi-tasking!
- When the rollers finally cool down, roll down the rollers carefully. Do not just pull them all out, else you’ll make a mess of your hair and may need to re-do.
Still want to know more on how to use hot hair rollers? Check the useful video below.
Top 5 Recommended Hair Rollers
Below we have selected 5 recommended hair rollers, based on best sellers from Amazon. These are highly rated and approved by many consumers.
Infiniti Pro is a durable and reliable product from Conair. Infused with Tourmaline Ceramic material, it heats up fast, which is great when you are in a hurry or on-the-go. These rollers create great curls and waves giving your hair volume and feeling smooth and soft. It is recommended for medium and long hair.
Nano Titanium materials are not often found in other hot rollers but they are great for providing even heat. BabylissPRO Professional Hairsetter has this technology, which heats up quickly and provides even heat for the rollers. The jumbo rollers in this kit produce larger and voluminous waves. This set is perfect for your next date night!
If you are wondering what rollers you should use for your particular hair type, don’t fret. Rest assured that the T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers are suitable for all hair types. With the T3 technology you don’t need to worry about damaging your hair because you won’t. The T3 Hot Rollers provide high-volume and textured waves, and they heat up in just 3 minutes. These are definitely time efficient!
Many women still prefer the classic way of curling and may not be convinced of buying hot rollers. If you have beautiful long hair, you need longer curlers! Well, this Curlformers Styling kit will become your best buddy. These curlers are 22 inches long and can give defined spiral curls just right for your hair length! On the other hand, hot curlers do have some downsides as they could damage your hair if not used properly or if used excessively. These ribbon curlers or Curlformers are an excellent alternative, and many women sear by them.
If you’re still not sure about hot rollers, these flex rods could be another good option. Flexi rods or flex rods curl your hair without needing any clips. As they are flexible, they can easily be bent into shape to keep the hair locked in, and this also helps the curls to set. This Twist Flex rods set from Diane includes 42 pieces in different lengths, a versatile product for different hair lengths.
Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers: Hot Rollers
- Super cream does it all
- Freedom to express yourself
- Tame frizz, add shine
- Color-safe, sulfate-free,phosphate-free, paraben-free
- Hair remains smooth and frizz-free with great movement
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Moroccanoil curl defining cream to towel-dried hair, distribute product...
- STYLING SQUAD IN HIGH DEFINITION - This 8 Fl.Oz curl defining cream was made for wavy babes and...
- HEALTHY HYDRATION - Coconut oil and keratin work together to moisturize from the inside out while...
- MADE WITH THE ARGAN OIL FOR CURLY HAIR - Our secret weapon, Brazilian pequi oil, quenches hair with...
- EASY TO USE CURL CREAM - Apply evenly to freshly washed damp hair and scrunch or diffuse to define....
- CURL-TO-GIRL FRESH FLORAL FRAGRANCE - This curl creme is made with a light blend of lily, jasmine,...
- Refines and separates curls
- Promotes curl memory
- Helps to fight frizz and flyaways and is humidity resistant
- Adds control and shine
- Provides soft, touchable finish
- A leave-in conditioner that moisturizes and fights stubborn frizz without stickiness.
- Infused with nourishing argan oil and vitamins
- Keep wavy and curly hair looking hydrated and touchably soft all day.
- 24HR Hi-Definition for Curly Hair
- Fights Frizz, Softens Curls
- Alcohol-free, Heat Protection
- Strong Hold
- Organic shea butter, coconut oil and sweet hibiscus
- Restores moisture, reduces frizz and detangles hair for bouncy, healthy curls
- Made with natural and certified organic ingredients
- SheaMoisture coconut hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie
- Maximum curl retention
- Protects hair from humidity
- Helps ensure defined curls and ringlets
- Moisturizes curls
- Gives hair serious shine
- Natural curls and waves need to be smooth and defined to look their best
- leave-in conditioner rich in argan oil and vitamins
- moisturizes, nourishes and fights frizz without leaving a sticky residue
- This potent cream utilizes anti-oxidants and intensive hydration capabilities to enhance, define,...
- anti-oxidants and intensive hydration capabilities
- Kukui Oil - an ancient Hawaiian secret used to waterproof wooden goods and surf boards also an...
- Moisturizes - creates a barrier on the outer strand to lock in moisture
- De-Frizz - repels humidity, for frizz free strands everyday