Today, many women prefer hair styles with luscious waves and curls, so here are some tips for how to use hair rollers to achieve the look of your dreams. While using curling irons can do it, you might agree that it takes so long to do your hair. In contrast, hair rollers are easy to use and once you set them up you can go about getting ready and making up your face while your hair sets itself.
Hot hair rollers will give you those curls and waves you desire. Curling irons can easily take 10 or 15 minutes (or even longer!), and they can be exhausting on your arms after a while. Hot hair rollers are quite the opposite, promising more convenience and ease of use. We know you are excited to try using hair rollers yourself, so here are some tips on how to use hair rollers, followed by 5 great recommended hair roller sets to consider.
TIPS on How to Use Hair Rollers
With hot hair rollers and a little practice, you’ll have those lovely curls in no time. If you are new to using hair rollers, you may be searching the internet and clicking links looking for some tips on how to use them. We’ve got you covered, so read along!
- Typically you want to dry your hair before using the hot hair rollers.
- Try using a curl cream or styling mousse on your hair for a smooth and soft texture.
- Divide your hair into different sections and clip each section up. This will help you set all the curls perfectly as you work your way around.
- For fuller and defined curls, hold the rollers more horizontally. If soft, bouncy and loose waves is what you want, hold the rollers vertically.
- Let the rollers cool off. While waiting for your curls to set, spray on some hairspray on the locks to ensure you get those perfect curls. Or do your face makeup while you wait, that’s called multi-tasking!
- When the rollers finally cool down, roll down the rollers carefully. Do not just pull them all out, else you’ll make a mess of your hair and may need to re-do.
Still want to know more on how to use hot hair rollers? Check the useful video below.
Top 5 Recommended Hair Rollers
Below we have selected 5 recommended hair rollers, based on best sellers from Amazon. These are highly rated and approved by many consumers.
Infiniti Pro is a durable and reliable product from Conair. Infused with Tourmaline Ceramic material, it heats up fast, which is great when you are in a hurry or on-the-go. These rollers create great curls and waves giving your hair volume and feeling smooth and soft. It is recommended for medium and long hair.
Nano Titanium materials are not often found in other hot rollers but they are great for providing even heat. BabylissPRO Professional Hairsetter has this technology, which heats up quickly and provides even heat for the rollers. The jumbo rollers in this kit produce larger and voluminous waves. This set is perfect for your next date night!
If you are wondering what rollers you should use for your particular hair type, don’t fret. Rest assured that the T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers are suitable for all hair types. With the T3 technology you don’t need to worry about damaging your hair because you won’t. The T3 Hot Rollers provide high-volume and textured waves, and they heat up in just 3 minutes. These are definitely time efficient!
Many women still prefer the classic way of curling and may not be convinced of buying hot rollers. If you have beautiful long hair, you need longer curlers! Well, this Curlformers Styling kit will become your best buddy. These curlers are 22 inches long and can give defined spiral curls just right for your hair length! On the other hand, hot curlers do have some downsides as they could damage your hair if not used properly or if used excessively. These ribbon curlers or Curlformers are an excellent alternative, and many women sear by them.
If you’re still not sure about hot rollers, these flex rods could be another good option. Flexi rods or flex rods curl your hair without needing any clips. As they are flexible, they can easily be bent into shape to keep the hair locked in, and this also helps the curls to set. This Twist Flex rods set from Diane includes 42 pieces in different lengths, a versatile product for different hair lengths.
Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers: Hot Rollers
- Refines and separates curls
- Promotes curl memory
- Helps to fight frizz and flyaways and is humidity resistant
- Adds control and shine
- Provides soft, touchable finish
- Color-safe, sulfate-free,phosphate-free, paraben-free
- Hair remains smooth and frizz-free with great movement
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Moroccanoil curl defining cream to towel-dried hair, distribute product...
- Polymers, Thermal and Environmental Protectants, Essential Oils.
- Provides hold and control for defined curls and streamlined waves by enhancing natural texture
- Helps protect against humidity
- Apply to towel dried hair from mid lengths to ends.
- CANTU FOR NATURAL HAIR MOISTURIZING CURL ACTIVATOR CREAM smoothens and enhances natural curl pattern...
- REDUCE FRIZZ: Activates curls revealing frizz-free, bouncy curls.
- ADDS VOLUME: Delivers volume and adds shine.
- Coconut Oil protects hair
- Super cream does it all
- Freedom to express yourself
- Tame frizz, add shine
- Moroccanoil Products
- Hair Care
- Packaging may vary
- 24HR Hi-Definition for Curly Hair
- Fights Frizz, Softens Curls
- Alcohol-free, Heat Protection
- Strong Hold
- Our Curl Styling Curl Cream defines, detangles, strengthens, eliminates frizz
- Adds shine as well as protects from damage caused by heat
- No added gluten, parabens or sulfates
- Creates beautiful, bouncy curls without the dreaded sticky, crunchy, or oily feeling
- For all curly hair types
- ArtNaturals Curl Defining Cream is ideal for defining, controlling and shining curls, reducing frizz...
- Argan oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil are blended to deeply moisturize both hair and scalp, leaving...
- The Cream's formulation also includes moisture-sealing sweet almond oil, hydrating shea butter and...
- Fight the misbehavior curly hair is prone to when the weather's not perfect with the Cream's...
- ArtNaturals is made with premium-quality botanical ingredients, and is sulfate free, paraben free,...
- It's the first "fabric softener" type styling lotion
- It spreads so smoothly and feels as light as a feather on your curls
- Easy to apply